- Ph.D. Candidate, 2010-2015, 4 years, Integrated Systems Laboratory
- My work: Development and embedding (FPGA) of image processing methods for fluorescent image microscopy targeting live biological cell samples (more details).
- Results: Currently, 7 international peer-reviewed scientific publications.
- Embedded Software and Electronics Engineer, 2010, 6 months, Cossilys 21, S.A.
- Cossilys 21 is a French company developing and marketing video surveillance systems. In order for their system to actively react to various system alerts, they developed a first prototype of a USB controlled I/O electronic card, in collaboration with N-HiTec, a.s.b.l.
- My work: I was responsible for managing the development of the first prototype. After evaluating it, my work was to eliminate some known electronic bugs in order to create a second prototype and develop the embedded software.
- Results: The updated electronic board and the embedded software have been tested and evaluated by Cossilys 21 engineers. They are currently used in Cossilys 21 products.
- Verification Engineer, 2009, 4 months, Semtech, Inc.
- Semtech, Inc. is a fabless analog and mixed-signals semiconductors provider.
- My work: Application of a new verification methodology for RTL model testing and debugging prior to manufacturing.
- Results: Working custom verification architecture for the RTL models of the SX8724 chip, based on the targeted verification methodology (Open Verification Methodology, OVM). Semtech Engineers were able to evaluate and compare the new methodology with their common verification methods.
- Research Assistant, 2008, 3 months, EPFL, Microelectronic systems laboratory
- My work: Develop a library of scripts automating the integration of a specific SRAM memory from Faraday-Tech for the softcore LEON3 processor from Gaisler, inc.
- Results: The developed scripts successfully help with the SRAM integration. As a proof of concept, a DRC error free layout of the LEON 3 processor featuring the targeted SRAM memory has been generated using the CMOS 180nm technology node.
- Project Leader, 2007, 5 months, N-HiTec, a.s.b.l.
- N-HiTec a.s.b.l. is a student driven company offering engineering consulting services.
- My work: Supervising the development of an electronic board providing custom I/O interface through USB for Cossilys 21, S.A. I also managed the communication between Cossilys 21 engineers and N-HiTec.
- Results: A prototype was developed and handed over to Cossilys 21.
- Note: In 2010, I worked as a consultant for Cossilys 21 to perfect the design and develop the embedded software.
- Teaching assistant, 2014, 4 month, EPFL, Laboratory of integrated systems
- My work: Assisting material science Bachelor students on applying the fundamental laws of electricity to concrete examples examples of basic linea circuits during exercice sessions.
- Teaching assistant, 2012, 2 month, EPFL, Microelectronic systems laboratory
- My work: Assisting electrical engineering Master students in modeling, synthesizng and place&routing a small ALU in 90nm CMOS technologyduring practical lab sessions.
- Teaching assistant, 2006-2007, 9 month, Université de Liège, Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering Department
- My work: Supervising practical sessions in the scope of the "communication graphic" (Technical drawing) course.